- better dom manipulation api's are supported natively
- advanced animation / transition effects are supported by css with better performance
- the size of js to be loaded can be reduced
Adopting native browser features implies to stop supporting (very) old browsers.
For JSPWiki =>
- provide support for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, Opera. (current/stable version)
- IE11 will be supported, but support for IE10 and earlier is dropped
If older browsers would still be required, polyfills could be used.
(inspired by Lea Verou's Bliss project)
The transition of JSPWIKI will be done gradually. We've actually started already to adopt new css and js features in the past.