The deployment of the pam.war fails during start-up, so the war is un-deployed, and a deploy is retried, which also fails. Unless the war file is removed from the file system, this process is iterated infinitely.
The process follows these steps:
1. The ScannerThread detects a new war file in the deploy directory.
2. The Portlet war file is loaded.
3. The Portlet war file is deployed.
4. Error occurs during deployment.
5. The Portlet war file is un-deployed.
6. The Portlet file remains in the deploy dir to be detected when the ScannerThread wakes-up again.