Sorry, my bad, I used the wrong casts.
Yes, Throwable.getCause() is JDK 1.4, but I'm using InvocationTarget.getTargetMessage() instead:
I mean, there is also a call to jellyException.getCause(), but JellyException defines it indenpendently on the JDK version.
Anyway, I've just ran maven on it using JDK 1.3.1, and it worked fine. It's just a matter of modifying the test cases, changing the following line:
Exception jellyException = (Exception) getJellyContext().getVariable("jellyException");
JellyException jellyException = (JellyException) getJellyContext().getVariable("jellyException");
And also adding a
(Sorry, I'm not with CVS set up right now to send you a patch)