Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.2.11
    • Fix Version/s: 2.2.12, 2.4.2, 2.5
    • Component/s: jackrabbit-core
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Windows (32-bit, 64-bit), Unix/Linux, JBoss AS 4.0.1sp1

      Description

      When utilizing the OraclePersistenceManager (package org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db) (I realize this is marked as deprecated) we noticed during our migration from Jackrabbit 1.6.1 to 2.2.10/11 that when starting the application server an error message is displayed to us that indicates that the Connection object passed to the createTemporaryBlob method of the BLOB class can't be cast to oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection

      Here the interesting lines from our log:
      2012-03-15 17:15:47,926 ERROR [org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager] failed to write node state: cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
      java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper cannot be cast to oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection
      at oracle.sql.BLOB.createTemporary(BLOB.java:708)
      at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager.createTemporaryBlob(OraclePersistenceManager.java:375)

      I want to highlight at this point that the do not see the issue when using the Oracle Bundled persistence manager, however due to the fact that we haven't used the bundled version in the past we have a lot of customers with repo layouts that can not be used by the bundled persistence manager - we ran some tests and noticed that the consistency check fails.
      -> At the moment there is no good upgrade path to move a repo to the bundled structure, the paths provided thus far are shaky at best.

      I did find a solution to the problem that has shown no issues thus far and wanted to share this with you:

      It is a one line change that can be made before the wrapped connection is passed to the Oracle driver:
      org.apache.jackrabbit.core.util.db.ConnectionFactory.unwrap(con);

      This then solves the problem, I also wanted to share that we are using an XA datasource.

        Activity

        Harald Scheckenbacher created issue -
        Hide
        Jukka Zitting added a comment -

        Thanks! I committed the fix in revision 1307456 and merged it to the 2.4 branch in revision 1307458 and to the 2.2 branch in revision 1307460.

        Show
        Jukka Zitting added a comment - Thanks! I committed the fix in revision 1307456 and merged it to the 2.4 branch in revision 1307458 and to the 2.2 branch in revision 1307460.
        Jukka Zitting made changes -
        Field Original Value New Value
        Status Open [ 1 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
        Assignee Jukka Zitting [ jukkaz ]
        Fix Version/s 2.4.2 [ 12320366 ]
        Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]
        Alex Parvulescu made changes -
        Status Resolved [ 5 ] Closed [ 6 ]
        Jukka Zitting made changes -
        Fix Version/s 2.5 [ 12319280 ]

          People

          • Assignee:
            Jukka Zitting
            Reporter:
            Harald Scheckenbacher
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development