Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
This jira issue discusses the technical implications on the current design of Jackrabbit to introduce clustering.
Particularly the following areas require thorough investigation:
- SharedItemStateManager and its cache
- cache integrity
- cache design: look aside, write through?
- hook for distributed cache, interface?
- isolation level
- transaction integrity within Jackrabbit, interaction with transient layer
- same strategy as SharedItemStateManager?
- Search index
- single or per cluster node index?
Please state more areas if needed.