There is an issue when uploading to a swift blob storage using multipart and having more than 9 parts.
Here is an example scenario:
- a file is randomly created (total file size of e.g. 809 bytes)
- the file name is 'file.txt'
- that file is uploaded rackspace cloudfiles-us (Region: Chicago)
- it is a multipart upload with a chunk size of 80 bytes
In the container at cloudfiles/swift the following objects get created:
- file.txt (the manifest, size: 0 byte)
- file.txt/1 (80 bytes)
- file.txt/10 (80 bytes)
- file.txt/11 (9 bytes)
- file.txt/2 (80 bytes)
- file.txt/3 (80 bytes)
- file.txt/9 (80 bytes)
As you already can see, the object names are ordered by name and
therefore by chars and do not consider the part numbers as numeric values.
The issue was initially posted to the mailing list .