While working on
JAMES-3596 (reorganizing servers apps in server/apps
folder), I notice the following:
- 1. dockerfiles/packaging is unmaintained
It aimed at delivering Debien / RPM images for James. However:
- It uses linagora images and not apache ones
- It is not integrated to the Apache build, not integrated as
- With the images reworks, it looks broken now.
As such I wonder if we should maintain this at all.
If people are interested maintaining the Debian packagin, then we likely
could welcome contributions to integrate it to the maven build using
things like jdeb.
- 2. /benchmarks + JenkinsfileStressTests.groovy usage:
- Requires complex setup (btrfs, Jenkins 2, etc...) and setting it
up is undocumented
- Provisioning the email corpus is undocumented
- The Gatling-Job had not been contributed to the Apache project
- This launches all components of the distributed server on a
single machine and as such does not represent real world performance,
where all the building blocks are on different machines
- Not integrated to Apache processes of any kind.
As such, as this seems unusable for any member of the community as-is,
as Linagora practices moved toward testing on a real Kubernetes cluster,
I propose to remove it rather than attempt to fix it.