Affects Version/s: 2.1.0
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: workspace resolver
Windows 7 64-bit, Eclipse Juno 4.2, Java 1.7.0_05 64-bit
We've encountered resolution failures within Eclipse when the following conditions are met. Although we haven't tried all combinations, it seems to fit together based upon anecdotal evidence.
- The project publishing an artifact A exists in the Eclipse workspace.
- A second project B is also in the workspace and depends upon project A. The dependency includes the artifact sub-element within the dependency element.
- The rev isn't hard-coded.
Example fragment of ivy.xml:
<dependency org="com.myco" name="xyz" rev="latest.$
transitive="false" conf="myco-shared, compile->default">
<artifact name="com.myco.xyz" type="jar"/>
We know the resolution works when any of these occur:
- The artifact sub-element is removed.
- The project dependee is closed/removed from workspace.
- rev is changed to a hard-coded value such as "latest.integration".
|Transition||Time In Source Status||Execution Times||Last Executer||Last Execution Date|
|2d 13h 57m||1||Nicolas Lalevée||18/Aug/12 14:37|
|Field||Original Value||New Value|
|Status||Open [ 1 ]||Resolved [ 5 ]|
|Resolution||Duplicate [ 3 ]|