Ivy
  1. Ivy
  2. IVY-1396

Ivy generating wrong revision in URL for sample Maven artifact

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Minor Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.3.0-RC2
    • Fix Version/s: 2.3.0
    • Component/s: Core
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      I'm having some troubles with Ivy resolving the wrong latest.integration for a Maven artifact. It is reading the Maven metadata (apparently)and determining that there is a 0.0.3-SNAPSHOT version. Strangely, it then attempts to retrieve a POM that is using both the 0.0.3-SNAPSHOT version from the metadata and a 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT version that it could have only discovered using the metadata for that particular version, as you will see below. As far as I can tell, the Maven metadata is fine.

      I've put together a sample. A simple, empty Maven artifact, and an Ivy build that resolves it.

      I deployed three version of Maven artifact at 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT. Each time I asked Ivy to resolve, it was successful. When I updated the version to 0.0.2-SNAPSHOT, it began mixing the URLs.

      1. build.xml
        0.8 kB
        Nick Spacek
      2. ivy.xml
        0.4 kB
        Nick Spacek
      3. ivysettings.xml
        0.3 kB
        Nick Spacek
      4. pom.xml
        0.9 kB
        Nick Spacek
      5. rc1.log
        7 kB
        Nick Spacek
      6. rc2.log
        7 kB
        Nick Spacek

        Activity

        Hide
        Nick Spacek added a comment -

        Sample Maven pom.xml

        Sample Ivy project

        Show
        Nick Spacek added a comment - Sample Maven pom.xml Sample Ivy project
        Hide
        Maarten Coene added a comment -

        Could you try 2.3.0-RC1 to see if you have the same problem?
        We changed something to the SNAPSHOT resolving in 2.3.0-RC2 and it would be very helpfull to find out if it was already broking in 2.3.0-RC1 or not.

        Show
        Maarten Coene added a comment - Could you try 2.3.0-RC1 to see if you have the same problem? We changed something to the SNAPSHOT resolving in 2.3.0-RC2 and it would be very helpfull to find out if it was already broking in 2.3.0-RC1 or not.
        Hide
        Nick Spacek added a comment - - edited

        I tested it under RC1 and definitely saw different behavior; it is unable to resolve any version of the artifact from the remote Maven repository. I've attached output logs for RC1 and RC2 (hopefully there's no private information in them!).

        Show
        Nick Spacek added a comment - - edited I tested it under RC1 and definitely saw different behavior; it is unable to resolve any version of the artifact from the remote Maven repository. I've attached output logs for RC1 and RC2 (hopefully there's no private information in them!).
        Hide
        Maarten Coene added a comment -

        Fixed in both trunk and 2.3.x-branch.
        Thanks for reporting this issue!

        Show
        Maarten Coene added a comment - Fixed in both trunk and 2.3.x-branch. Thanks for reporting this issue!

          People

          • Assignee:
            Maarten Coene
            Reporter:
            Nick Spacek
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development