Resolution: Won't Fix
per mailing list thread: http://markmail.org/message/ey5kgtx6xub7zyo5
There are different use cases here. The thread originally was motivated by the use case to forward-generate Java classes from a diagram, but also then got onto more general purpose round-tripping tools, plus the idea of generating diagrams from code, "after the fact"
This ticket is for the latter of these ideas; for rendering, could use:
can then visualize using:
- www.umlgraph.org (has a Maven plugin)
- yUML.me (online)
- fowler's bliki mentions some others http://martinfowler.com/bliki/UmlSketchingTools.html
There are various other tools listed on the thread. Some of these reverse engineer Java, whereas a better visualization would be of the Isis metamodel (showing contributions/mixins etc).
Anyway, the other tools mentioned on the thread include:
- https://www.eclipse.org/gef/zest/ (also for visualizing diagrams)
- http://vue.tufts.edu/ (visualizing arbitrary diagrams)
- http://www.sparxsystems.com/ (roundtripping, a la TogetherJ)
- http://www.agilej.com (roundtripping - this is Paul Wells' tool)
- https://www.eclipse.org/papyrus/ (UML, forward generate, reverse generate ... but isn't visualization)