I've struggled with this for a few weeks. The symptom is that catalogd starts, logs its output but doesn't proceed past
- I launch the state store first and it seems to be running and listening on all ports.
- Log Level 2 using GLOG_v is set through /etc/default/impala
- Can't create database. Impala says statestore isn't updated.
- Invalidate metadata in impala-shell fails with
[localhost.localdomain:21000] > invalidate metadata;
Query: invalidate metadata
ERROR: Couldn't open transport for 127.0.0.1:26000 (connect() failed: Connection refused)
- Impala version
- So my question is: what can cause catalogd to stop execution but remain up and not proceed to become a service on port 26000 ?
Log files are attached. Any other assistance from you would be greatly appreciated.