If some pre-previous node connects to the local node with the previous node in the message's failed nodes collection additional steps should be done:
- Connection with the previous node should be validated.
- If a message from the previous node was not received a long time ago, the previous node should be considered as failed and the pre-previous node connection accepted.
- If the previous node connection is alive then different scenarios possible
- Answer with a new result code causing the pre-previous node to try to reconnect to the previous node
- Break connection with the pre-previous node causing to continue the possible cluster split.
- Check connections with nodes after pre-previous node and delay decision by answering RES_WAIT to get more predictable split and stable topology.