The case is the following:
- Run a server node (persistence enabled. static cache configuration with queryEnities).
- Add/drop column/index via DDL.
- Restart the node with the same configuration.
- The changes are lost...
It seems the issue is related to merging cache metadata.
There are some workarounds:
- Remove/comment cache configuration. After the restart, the metadata will be loaded from the persistence store. This will work for a rolling restart.
- Make the same changes in the configuration (update queryEntity). It requires the whole cluster restart.
Reproducer is attached.