https://hop.apache.org/manual/next/pipeline/transforms/yamlinput.html needs clarifications:
- What kinds of YAML files can it read? Can they be nested to many levels? How are "rows" formed from the input, i.e. when is a new row started?
- "get source from a field" and "Filename fieldname": looking at the description, these two are the same. Even if not, put them side by side (in the FILE TAB) and clarify what's the difference
- FILE TAB: indent some rows to show the nesting (
- "Limit: Sets a limit to be read": what is this, number of files? Number of lines? Lines per file?
- "Add files to result filesname": what's this? Add description. The name has a typo (needs a space)
- "Key: The key to the element.": what's this and how is it different from "Name: The name of the output field."
- "Trim type: The type of trimming to use": what trim types there are?
- "Get fields: Approximates fields from the input": ok, this reads the YAML to find what fields it includes. But if I don't use it and specify wrong options (eg key="foo" where "foo" doesn't appear in YAML) or conflicting options (eg type="Integer" for a field that's alphabetic), what happens?