The exception handling in nextKeyValueTolerateCorruptions treats IOException as follows:
- if EOFException, corrupt, can be tolerated
- If CheckSumException, corrupt, can be tolerated
- else not a corruption, re-throw
But the compression code can also throw IOException in case of corruption, which will get re-thrown in this case.
The correct way of handling IOException is:
- if BlockMissingException, re-throw.
- if not BlockMissingException -> corruption, can be tolerated
Ashutosh Chauhan made changes -
|Status||Resolved [ 5 ]||Closed [ 6 ]|
Carl Steinbach made changes -
|Fix Version/s||0.9.0 [ 12317742 ]|
Namit Jain made changes -
|Status||Open [ 1 ]||Resolved [ 5 ]|
|Hadoop Flags||Reviewed [ 10343 ]|
|Resolution||Fixed [ 1 ]|