The JSON SerDe has a few issues, I will link them to this JIRA.
- Use Jackson Tree parser instead of manually parsing
- Added support for base-64 encoded data (the expected format when using JSON)
- Added support to skip blank lines (returns all columns as null values)
- Current JSON parser accepts, but does not apply, custom timestamp formats in most cases
- Added some unit tests
- Added cache for column-name to column-index searches, currently O(n) for each row processed, for each column in the row