When kryo was in version 2.22 we added a fix in
HIVE-7222 and later in HIVE-10819. Now that we have updated kryo to 3.0.3 that old workaround fix was never removed. The issue was that kryo serialized Timestamp to Date type. So to recover the timestamp, during deserialization we deserialized any date instance to Timestamp object which is wrong (we don't know if date was serialized as date or timestamp serialized as date in first place). This breaks PPD on date time as kryo deserialization always converts Date to Timestamp breaking PPD because of type mismatch.
Now that we have newer kryo version we can remove the code added in