Included in the scope:
1. Background scanner thread to iterate over container set and dispatch check tasks for individual containers
2. Fixed rate scheduling - dispatch tasks at a pre-determined rate (for example 1 container/s)
3. Check disk layout of Container - basic check for integrity of the directory hierarchy inside the container, include chunk directory and metadata directories
4. Check container file - basic sanity checks for the container metafile
5. Check Block Database - iterate over entries in the container block database and check for the existence and accessibility of the chunks for each block.
Not in scope (will be done as separate subtasks):
1. Dynamic scheduling/pacing of background scan based on system load and available resources.
2. Detection and handling of orphan chunks
3. Checksum verification for Chunks
4. Corruption handling - reporting (to SCM) and subsequent handling of any corruption detected by the scanner. The current subtask will simply log any corruption which is detected.