- when possible, make the test using the default cluster configuration for the number of region (1 instead of 2 or 3). This allows a faster stop/start, and is a step toward a shared cluster configuration.
- 'sleep': lower or remove the sleep based synchronisation in the tests (in HBaseTestingUtility, TestGlobalMemStoreSize, TestAdmin, TestCoprocessorEndpoint, TestHFileOutputFormat, TestLruBlockCache, TestServerCustomProtocol, TestReplicationSink)
- Optimize 'put' by setting setWriteToWAL to false, when the 'put' is big or in a loop. Not done for tests that rely on the WAL.
- TestTableInputFormatScan fully deletes the hadoop.tmp.dir directory on tearDown, that makes it impossible to use in // with another test using this directory
- TestIdLock logs too much (9000 lines per seconds). Test time lowered to 15 seconds to make it a part of the small subset
- TestMemoryBoundedLogMessageBuffer useless System.out.println
- io.hfile.TestReseekTo useless System.out.println
- TestTableInputFormat does not shutdown the cluster
- testGlobalMemStore does not shutdown the cluster
- rest.client.TestRemoteAdmin: simplified, does not use local admin, single test instead of two.
- HBaseTestingUtility#ensureSomeRegionServersAvailable starts only one server, should start the number of missing server instead.
- TestMergeTool should starts/stops the dfs cluster with HBaseTestingUtility