HBase
  1. HBase
  2. HBASE-429

hbase-site.xml is in the hbase jar

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Trivial Trivial
    • Resolution: Invalid
    • Affects Version/s: 0.2.0
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: build
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      Can we get the hbase-site.xml out of there. Seems it should not be there.

      In particular this causes a problem with maven, as we have little control over classpath ordering, so our hbase-site.xml is behind the hbase jar.

        Activity

        Hide
        stack added a comment -

        Remove adding hbase-default.xml to jar

        Show
        stack added a comment - Remove adding hbase-default.xml to jar
        Hide
        stack added a comment -

        Clint, do you mean hbase-default.xml? (See the patch. In build.xml we only add hbase-default.xml to jar).

        Show
        stack added a comment - Clint, do you mean hbase-default.xml? (See the patch. In build.xml we only add hbase-default.xml to jar).
        Hide
        Clint Morgan added a comment -

        Sorry this was my mistake: I think somehow eclipse had put the hbase-site.xml in my build dir where it was getting picked up. Doing a clean jar, the site.xml is no longer in there.

        It was the hbase-site.xml that I did not want. I think it makes sense to have the -default.xml in the jar.

        Show
        Clint Morgan added a comment - Sorry this was my mistake: I think somehow eclipse had put the hbase-site.xml in my build dir where it was getting picked up. Doing a clean jar, the site.xml is no longer in there. It was the hbase-site.xml that I did not want. I think it makes sense to have the -default.xml in the jar.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            Clint Morgan
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development