Procedure v2 (aka Notification Bus) aims to provide a unified way to build:
- multi-steps procedure with a rollback/rollforward ability in case of failure (e.g. create/delete table)
- notifications across multiple machines (e.g. ACLs/Labels/Quotas cache updates)
- Make sure that every machine has the grant/revoke/label
- Enforce "space limit" quota across the namespace
- HBASE-10295 eliminate permanent replication zk node
- procedures across multiple machines (e.g. Snapshots)
- coordinated long-running procedures (e.g. compactions, splits, ...)
- Synchronous calls, with the ability to see the state/result in case of failure.
still work in progress/initial prototype: https://reviews.apache.org/r/27703/
There are no Sub-Tasks for this issue.