Currently PXF has certain strict assumptions about the underlying hadoop distributions and the paths used by the distributions. The goal of this task is to make PXF build and service scripts usable even from source code without any assumptions on the underlying hadoop distribution.
Introduce 'make install' functionality which invokes './gradlew install'. The user will need to configure PXF_HOME to a location intended to serve as the deploy PXF path. If this is not configured it would use GPHOME/pxf as the default deploy path.
The purpose of this functionality will be to the following:
1. Download apache tomcat (tomcatGet) and copy under $PXF_HOME/apache-tomcat
2. Consolidate all PXF components jars under $PXF_HOME/lib
3. Conslidate all PXF configuration files under $PXF_HOME/conf
4. Conslidate PXF scripts under $PXF_HOME/bin
5. Tomcat template files under tomcat-templates/
Following this the user would need to update the configuration files under $PXF_HOME/conf based on the user environment and hadoop directly layout. Specifically update the following files