The following need to be added to the patch.
- security.admin.operations.protocol.acl configuration property is not present in common-project but is present and needed in mapreduce.
- Nine settings for 'Job Summary Appender' are present and needed in mapreduce project but are not there in common project.
- Two settings for mapreduce task logs are present and needed in mapreduce project but are not there in common project.
- One more thing: copying this file over from mapreduce will not work because six settings for 'Security appender' are in common but not present in the mapreduce project's log4j.properties file.
May be we should also split both the above files per project. But that may be long term, will open a separate ticket if you agree.
- Minor: bin/rcc still refers to hadoop-core at one place.
- when i run `ant binary` in hdfs bin directory isn't getting copied into the packaged binary, neither are the hdfs script files copied.
- when i run `ant binary` in mapreduce, files aren't getting copied into the packaged bin directory
Verified the rest of the changes in all the three patches, they look good.
Still couldn't get the cluster up with different installation directories, will be trying in the meanwhile..