Affects Version/s: site
Fix Version/s: None
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToCommit should be updated to clearly spell out these committer responsibilities:
1) For non-trivial patches, code reviews must be done by another committer.
2) Code reviews follow the checklist (http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/CodeReviewChecklist) so that, among other things, the patch is checked for robust documentation and unit tests
3) A -1 from Hadoop QA for lack of unit tests must be explained satisfactorily by the contributor else the patch is not committed. In this case, the manual tests performed by the contributor must be explained.
4) A -1 from Hadoop QA for findbugs, javadoc, or javac warnings means the patch must not be committed until these are fixed (else every subsequent patch will get -1 on these)
5) A -1 from Hadoop QA for core and contrib unit tests means the patch must not be committed until these are fixed (else every subsequent patch will get -1 on these)