Affects Version/s: 0.19.0
Fix Version/s: 0.19.0
Release Note:Changed TaskScheduler to expose API for Web UI and Command Line Tool.
- A way for schedulers to provide info to show in a column on the web UI and in the CLI - something as simple as a single string, or a map<string, int> for multiple parameters.
- Some sorting order for jobs - maybe a method to sort a list of jobs.
Let's figure out what the best way to do this is and implement it in the existing schedulers.
My first-order proposal at an API: Augment the TaskScheduler with
- public Map<String, String> getSchedulingInfo(JobInProgress job) – returns key-value pairs which are displayed in columns on the web UI or the CLI for the list of jobs.
- public Map<String, String> getSchedulingInfo(String queue) – returns key-value pairs which are displayed in columns on the web UI or the CLI for the list of queues.
- public Collection<JobInProgress> getJobs(String queueName) – returns the list of jobs in a given queue, sorted by a scheduler-specific order (the order it wants to run them in / schedule the next task in / etc).
- public List<String> getQueues();