Uploaded image for project: 'Guacamole'
  1. Guacamole
  2. GUACAMOLE-1036

can not connect via RDP using guacamole docker

VotersWatch issueWatchersLinkCloneUpdate Comment AuthorReplace String in CommentUpdate Comment VisibilityDelete Comments
    XMLWordPrintableJSON

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Invalid
    • Affects Version/s: 1.1.0
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: RDP
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      guacamole 1.1.0 on Manjaro with Docker 19.03.8-ce

      Description

      I set up guacamole via docker and nginx as reverse proxy.
      VNC-connections work as expected, but RDP does not.

      The system I want to remote control is an Arch linux system running x11vnc and FreeRDP version 2.0.0 (git n/a).

      I would say the guacamole docker side is set up correctly because "everything VNC" and "everything SSH" to my Arch system works.

      The FreeRDP setup on the Arch system is this (started as a normal user, not root):

      [xx@arch]$ freerdp-shadow-cli -auth
      [13:12:17:144] [52077:52077] [INFO][com.freerdp.server.shadow.x11] - X11 Extensions: XFixes: 1 Xinerama: 1 XDamage: 0 XShm: 0
      [13:12:17:148] [52077:52077] [INFO][com.freerdp.core.listener] - Listening on 0.0.0.0:3389

      Then the connection from guacamole:

      [13:13:01:657] [52077:52085] [INFO][com.freerdp.core.connection] - Client Security: NLA:0 TLS:1 RDP:0
      [13:13:01:657] [52077:52085] [INFO][com.freerdp.core.connection] - Server Security: NLA:0 TLS:1 RDP:1
      [13:13:01:657] [52077:52085] [INFO][com.freerdp.core.connection] - Negotiated Security: NLA:0 TLS:1 RDP:0
      [13:13:01:662] [52077:52085] [INFO][com.freerdp.core.connection] - Accepted client: Guacamole RDP
      [13:13:01:662] [52077:52085] [INFO][com.freerdp.core.connection] - Accepted channels:
      [13:13:01:662] [52077:52085] [INFO][com.freerdp.core.connection] - cliprdr
      [13:13:01:662] [52077:52085] [INFO][com.freerdp.core.connection] - rdpdr
      [13:13:01:662] [52077:52085] [INFO][com.freerdp.core.connection] - rdpsnd
      [13:13:01:662] [52077:52085] [INFO][com.freerdp.core.connection] - drdynvc
      [13:13:01:662] [52077:52085] [INFO][com.freerdp.core.gcc] - Active rdp encryption level: NONE
      [13:13:01:662] [52077:52085] [INFO][com.freerdp.core.gcc] - Selected rdp encryption method: NONE
      [13:13:01:686] [52077:52085] [INFO][com.freerdp.client.shadow] - Client from 192.168.0.16 is activated (1920x1080@32)
      [13:13:01:814] [52077:52085] [ERROR][com.freerdp.core.peer] - peer_recv_callback: CONNECTION_STATE_ACTIVE - peer_recv_pdu() fail
      [13:13:01:814] [52077:52085] [ERROR][com.freerdp.core.transport] - transport_check_fds: transport->ReceiveCallback() - -1
      [13:13:01:814] [52077:52085] [ERROR][com.freerdp.client.shadow] - Failed to check FreeRDP file descriptor

      That connection in the guacd log:

      guacd[6]: INFO: Guacamole proxy daemon (guacd) version 1.1.0 started
      guacd[6]: INFO: Listening on host 0.0.0.0, port 4822
      guacd[6]: INFO: Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
      guacd[6]: INFO: Connection ID is "$f8d73f56-bf55-4335-8c68-3b0b9376f4ed"
      guacd[8]: INFO: Security mode: Negotiate (ANY)
      guacd[8]: INFO: Resize method: display-update
      guacd[8]: INFO: User "@dd6c34f0-833e-4e07-a9b4-c02b15cac414" joined connection "$f8d73f56-bf55-4335-8c68-3b0b9376f4ed" (1 users now present)
      guacd[8]: INFO: Loading keymap "base"
      guacd[8]: INFO: Loading keymap "de-de-qwertz"
      guacd[8]: INFO: Accepted format: 16-bit PCM with 2 channels at 44100 Hz
      guacd[8]: ERROR: Connection closed.
      guacd[8]: INFO: Internal RDP client disconnected
      guacd[8]: INFO: User "@dd6c34f0-833e-4e07-a9b4-c02b15cac414" disconnected (0 users remain)
      guacd[8]: INFO: Last user of connection "$f8d73f56-bf55-4335-8c68-3b0b9376f4ed" disconnected
      guacd[6]: INFO: Connection "$f8d73f56-bf55-4335-8c68-3b0b9376f4ed" removed.

      The "funny" thing is that in the browser used to connect I can sometimes see a "screenshot" of my Arch desktop when trying the RDP connection but immediatly after that comes the guacamole error message aborting the connection.
      Another strange thing is that - only once - I got a "red screen" with "Welcome" written on it in the browser trying the RDP connection (but I did not the the desktop or anything else).

      I tried different RDP connections settings in guacamole - none of them works as expected.

       

       

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              Dude Jeffrey Lebowski

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Issue deployment