Problem: Under certain circumstances (names starting with upper case letters) the parser fails to recognize certain function calls. I did not file it as bug, though, because after a closer look at the parser code, I found, that the reason for this behaviour is actually by design (and might be pretty hard to change; OTOH, this hack is truly gross enough to reward being filed as change-this! request. It makes you wonder, how many traps like that might be hidden somewhere else in the Groovy sources).
Before having seen the parser code, I was completely surprised, when some of my code failed to compile because of this: