See discussion here: http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/OSGi-features-on-Admin-Console-td410312.html#a410312
Add a function to view wired bundles in OSGi portlet
create GERONIMO-5774 to track
Some imporvement needed for OSGi portlet:
1. the search filter is case sensitive and there is no way to turn it off or on
2. searching is really slow
3, the layout is not so good. I think the bundle info table should be pure html table instead of clickable dojo table widget.
I would say yes, user can do that. don't forget that the user is actually the system administrator. Basically, he can do the same thing in the cmd line by "geronimo run" to go into karaf shell...
However, that would be an improvement in future.
I find that general users can stop/uninstall critical OSGi bundles for the server without warnings.
For example, if the org.eclipse.osgi(listed in the osgi-portlet-1.jpg ) bundle is stopped by the user's operation in the OSGi portlet, the server will breakdown.
We can add an optional "expert user" item in the OSGi portlet.
If the user is not an expert user, such critical bundles cannot be stopped/uninstalled by the user.
4. need upgrade to use json4j instead of the json bundle
Some improvements need to do in future:
1. when login timeout, should jump to login page
2. better way do deal with err msg.
3. the new installed bundle is only stored in the cache. When user manually clear the cache, the new bundle will disappear
commit to 3.0 trunk at rev 1038945