Details

    • Type: Sub-task Sub-task
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 3.0.0
    • Fix Version/s: 3.0.0
    • Component/s: osgi, web
    • Security Level: public (Regular issues)
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      There are two problems:
      1) At runtime the taglibs are not discovered correctly. The current code scans jars based on URLClassLoader which is not present in OSGi environment.
      2) At deployment time, the deployer assumes a file system and does not work when a bundle is being deployed.

        Activity

        Transition Time In Source Status Execution Times Last Executer Last Execution Date
        Open Open Resolved Resolved
        3h 54m 1 Jarek Gawor 27/Jan/10 23:30
        Resolved Resolved Reopened Reopened
        8d 21h 29m 1 Jarek Gawor 05/Feb/10 21:00
        Reopened Reopened Resolved Resolved
        781d 18h 3m 1 Forrest Xia 28/Mar/12 16:04
        Forrest Xia made changes -
        Status Reopened [ 4 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
        Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]
        Hide
        Rick McGuire added a comment -

        Is this ready to be close now?

        Show
        Rick McGuire added a comment - Is this ready to be close now?
        Hide
        Jarek Gawor added a comment -

        I committed the patch to our Tomcat build - revision 907905.

        Show
        Jarek Gawor added a comment - I committed the patch to our Tomcat build - revision 907905.
        Hide
        Jarek Gawor added a comment -

        The myfaces TLDs are not discovered yet at runtime or deployment time.

        Also, Jasper will need to be modified to read TLDs in other bundles besides the application bundle. I opened https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=48689 to track this issue. I might apply this patch to our Tomcat build.

        Show
        Jarek Gawor added a comment - The myfaces TLDs are not discovered yet at runtime or deployment time. Also, Jasper will need to be modified to read TLDs in other bundles besides the application bundle. I opened https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=48689 to track this issue. I might apply this patch to our Tomcat build.
        Jarek Gawor made changes -
        Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]
        Status Resolved [ 5 ] Reopened [ 4 ]
        Rick McGuire made changes -
        Parent GERONIMO-5087 [ 12454965 ]
        Issue Type Bug [ 1 ] Sub-task [ 7 ]
        Hide
        Jarek Gawor added a comment -

        I updated Tomcat deployment so that the TLD listeners discovered during deployment are passed to Tomcat. That way Tomcat won't have to scan for these listeners at startup. Committed in revision 905523.

        Show
        Jarek Gawor added a comment - I updated Tomcat deployment so that the TLD listeners discovered during deployment are passed to Tomcat. That way Tomcat won't have to scan for these listeners at startup. Committed in revision 905523.
        Hide
        Jarek Gawor added a comment - - edited

        Updated the test case with a servlet context listener to test that the tld is discovered and its listeners are properly installed (revision 905522).

        Show
        Jarek Gawor added a comment - - edited Updated the test case with a servlet context listener to test that the tld is discovered and its listeners are properly installed (revision 905522).
        Jarek Gawor made changes -
        Status Open [ 1 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
        Fix Version/s 3.0 [ 12314206 ]
        Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]
        Hide
        Jarek Gawor added a comment -

        Tld discovery should be working now.

        Show
        Jarek Gawor added a comment - Tld discovery should be working now.
        Hide
        Jarek Gawor added a comment -

        Added a basic test case for tld scanning in revision 903902.

        Show
        Jarek Gawor added a comment - Added a basic test case for tld scanning in revision 903902.
        Jarek Gawor made changes -
        Field Original Value New Value
        Affects Version/s 3.0 [ 12314206 ]
        Hide
        Jarek Gawor added a comment -

        Fixed both issues in revision 903814.
        The only thing that's not done at deployment or runtime is scanning for container-provided TLDs. We may need to address this in the future.

        Show
        Jarek Gawor added a comment - Fixed both issues in revision 903814. The only thing that's not done at deployment or runtime is scanning for container-provided TLDs. We may need to address this in the future.
        Jarek Gawor created issue -

          People

          • Assignee:
            Jarek Gawor
            Reporter:
            Jarek Gawor
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development