Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Minor Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 0.6
    • Fix Version/s: 0.5
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      I had a file, A.ehtml and after running forrest, it was copied to my build/tmp directory. Later, I deleted it from my src directory and created A.xml. When I ran forrest, A.ehtml was still in my build/tmp directory and took precedence over A.xml. So A.xml was not used to generate A.html.

      There should be a 'clean' target when running forrest that deletes the tmp directory. Or just have the 'site' target delete the tmp directory before copying files to it.

        Activity

        Hide
        Dave Brondsema added a comment -
        a related (and complicating) problem is that if you have many files (e.g >1000) that are copied by the 'copy-content' target and then again by '-site', this takes a long time. This could be solved by removing the overwrite="true" attribute from the copy tasks.

        However the solution to the initial problem and the solution to the problem in the above paragraph are not compatable. I think when Ant 1.6 comes out we should use the 'sync' task.
        Show
        Dave Brondsema added a comment - a related (and complicating) problem is that if you have many files (e.g >1000) that are copied by the 'copy-content' target and then again by '-site', this takes a long time. This could be solved by removing the overwrite="true" attribute from the copy tasks. However the solution to the initial problem and the solution to the problem in the above paragraph are not compatable. I think when Ant 1.6 comes out we should use the 'sync' task.
        Hide
        Jeff Turner added a comment -
        I've set @overwrite to false for copy-content to speed things up. Not sure what we can do about the original problem. The sitemap looks for *.ehtml first, and if not present, falls back to *.xml.
        Show
        Jeff Turner added a comment - I've set @overwrite to false for copy-content to speed things up. Not sure what we can do about the original problem. The sitemap looks for *.ehtml first, and if not present, falls back to *.xml.
        Hide
        Juan Jose Pablos added a comment -
        Resolved using a <sync> tag on the build process.
        Show
        Juan Jose Pablos added a comment - Resolved using a <sync> tag on the build process.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            Dave Brondsema
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development