Forrest
  1. Forrest
  2. FOR-1231

Forrest does not deal properly with UTF-8 .xml content, even with the proper XML content-type header, and generates corrupted HTML

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Open
    • Priority: Critical Critical
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: 0.9, 0.10-dev
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      We're using Forrest to generate the Apache ManifoldCF site. We've added Japanese content. The content worked fine via localhost:8888, but the generated html content does not load properly in a browser, even though the browser correctly divines that the HTML page has utf-8 encoding. It looks like many utf-8 characters in the source XML are handled correctly but some are corrupted. I've also tried the fix in FORREST-668 but this does not help. See http://incubator.apache.org/connectors and click on the tab in Japanese to see what I mean. The current source for the site can be found in: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf/trunk/site.

      I checked out latest Forrest trunk and built and used that but there has been no improvement.
      1. FOR-1231.patch
        2 kB
        Karl Wright

        Issue Links

          Activity

          No work has yet been logged on this issue.

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              Karl Wright
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              1 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:

                Development