This is a bit of a catch-all ticket for general improvements to the Flink on Docker experience.
Things to improve:
- Make it possible to build a Docker image from your own flink-dist directory as well as official releases.
- Make it possible to override the image name so a user can more easily publish these images to their Docker repository
- Provide scripts that show how to properly run on Docker Swarm or similar environments with overlay networking (Kubernetes) without using host networking.
- Log to stdout rather than to files.
- Work properly with docker-compose for local deployment as well as production deployments (Swarm/k8s)