Adobe Flex SDK Previous
Affected OS(s): All OS Platforms
Language Found: English
Found in 22.214.171.12427
Steps to reproduce:
1. Compile and run attached MXML file.
2. Select "three" from the Spark ComboBox.
3. Open the ComboBox again and ctrl+click "three" to deselect it and reset the selectedIndex to -1.
4. Click in the TextArea control to give it focus. (The s|ComboBox oddly reselects "three" despite it being previously deselected.)
5. Repeat steps 2-4 using the Spark DropDownList. Note that the s|DropDownList behaves as expected and doesnt reselect the previously selected item.
Spark DropDownList behavior is correct and preferrable.
Spark ComboBox behavior is incorrect (in my opinion) and shouldnt reselect the previously selected value.
ComboBox should be more DropDownList-y.
Workaround (if any):