Resolution: Cannot Reproduce
Affects Version/s: Adobe Flex SDK 3.0 (Release)
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Print Management
Environment:Affected OS(s): Windows
Affected OS(s): Windows XP
Browser: Firefox 2.x
Language Found: English
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a FlexPrintJob based on an mx Panel in a browser frame.
2. Configure for vector output (set property printAsBitmap = false)
3. Add an mx Label and an mx Image to the Panel, then print the frame using FlexPrintJob methods.
Text is produced but graphic images do not appear.
Analysis of the output data shows that the app does specify graphic images of the correct size in the output, but the bitmap data is wrong (mostly null).
The image is visible in the mx Panel when the print dialog launches so this is not letency in loading a file based image.
Line 430 of the attached analysis file shows the erroneous image output via a PCL6 driver.
High quality text and graphics.printed.
To expect text and graphics is not unreasonable.
The bitmapped text is of a very poor quality, as would be expected from 72 dpi.
Workaround (if any):
1. Do not use vector graphics (then the bitmaps print correctly) but the text output is unacceptably poor.
2. Google "FlexPrintJob printAsBitmap" and the results indicate that upgrading to v188.8.131.52 of Flash Player will fix this problem. I did not find this to be the case. Furthermore the Flex 3 debugger works only witrh v184.108.40.206 of Flash Player so this upgrade is unacceptable to the Devleopment Environment.
3. Bug # Key=SDK-9125 bugbase id=174308 seems to be the same bug and has been closed, resolved as "Not a bug". I do not understand why.
(I am using j2sdk1.4.2_17)