Affects Version/s: 0.8.0
Fix Version/s: 1.0.0
Important: Before starting please check that there are no pending commits.
(3) Rename Java package names
I would recomment to replace org.apache.directory.ldapstudio with
org.apache.directory.studio for all plugins. As in (2) I would like to
prefix the browser packages with "ldap" and to modify the schemas
packages to schemaeditor:
- All connectons in the LDAP browser will be lost. We use the
java.beans.XML(De|En)coder to save the ConnectionParameter objects in
xml, it uses the FQCN to save/load the connections.
- We have to improve the ConnectionManager to replace all old package
names with the new package names in the connections.xml
(4) Rename plugin IDs
We should rename the plugin IDs according to the package names.
- All dialog settings will be lost. Each plugin has its own directory in
the workspace under .ldapstudio/.metadata/.plugins/ according to its
plugin ID. When modifying the plugin ID the old settings are no more
- All preferences will be lost. Each plugin has its own preferences file
according to its plugin ID. When modifying the plugin ID the old
prefernces are no more accessible.
- All connections will be lost because the connection.xml file is stored
under the plugin specific directory.
- Trouble with updates, see (7)
- Ignore first and second point, advise the user to redo his/her
- We have to improve the ConnectionManager to copy the connections.xml
from the old state location to the new one.