Directory Client API
  1. Directory Client API
  2. DIRAPI-84

API fails to preserve the UP name of the attribute in a normalized DN

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Blocker Blocker
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 1.0.0-M12
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      API is failing to preserve the UP name of the attribute of RDN when the DN is schema-aware
      Added the test testPreserveRdnUpName() in ClientAddRequestTest.

        Activity

        Hide
        Kiran Ayyagari added a comment -

        The earlier fix was in a wrong request type, fixed here http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1332574&view=rev

        Show
        Kiran Ayyagari added a comment - The earlier fix was in a wrong request type, fixed here http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1332574&view=rev
        Hide
        Emmanuel Lecharny added a comment -

        Fixed with :
        http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1332310&view=rev

        We were writing the normalized form of the Dn, so the server was returning it.

        Show
        Emmanuel Lecharny added a comment - Fixed with : http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1332310&view=rev We were writing the normalized form of the Dn, so the server was returning it.
        Hide
        Kiran Ayyagari added a comment -

        If I add an entry with the schema-aware DN cn=testadd,ou=system
        then it gets stored as 2.5.4.3=testadd,ou=system instead (the attribute 'cn' is replaced with its OID)

        Show
        Kiran Ayyagari added a comment - If I add an entry with the schema-aware DN cn=testadd,ou=system then it gets stored as 2.5.4.3=testadd,ou=system instead (the attribute 'cn' is replaced with its OID)

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            Kiran Ayyagari
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development