Derby
  1. Derby
  2. DERBY-5354

Remove unnecessary dita.regex build target

    Details

      Description

      The dita.regex build target changes some of DITA's XSL files to look for .dita files instead of .xml files. But DITA already has a switch to change the file extension, namely the property dita.extname, and we set that property in docs.properties, so it shouldn't be necessary to change the DITA source files for this.

      (In newer versions of DITA than the one we're using, the dita.extname has been deprecated, and it's my understanding that both .xml and .dita are handled automatically now.)

      1. d5354.diff
        2 kB
        Knut Anders Hatlen

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          Knut Anders Hatlen added a comment -

          Attaching a patch that removes the dita.regex target (and also the related check.regex.done target) from build.xml, and reverts the unneeded customization in two of DITA's XSL files that we have checked in under lib.

          The docs are still built just fine in my environment with this change (tested with the getting started guide and the reference manual).

          Show
          Knut Anders Hatlen added a comment - Attaching a patch that removes the dita.regex target (and also the related check.regex.done target) from build.xml, and reverts the unneeded customization in two of DITA's XSL files that we have checked in under lib. The docs are still built just fine in my environment with this change (tested with the getting started guide and the reference manual).
          Hide
          Knut Anders Hatlen added a comment -

          Committed revision 1152149.

          Show
          Knut Anders Hatlen added a comment - Committed revision 1152149.
          Hide
          Kim Haase added a comment -

          Thank you very much, Knut, for figuring out that that target was unneeded. I see no problems with the change either.

          Show
          Kim Haase added a comment - Thank you very much, Knut, for figuring out that that target was unneeded. I see no problems with the change either.
          Hide
          Knut Anders Hatlen added a comment -

          Merged fix to 10.8 and committed revision 1160270.

          Show
          Knut Anders Hatlen added a comment - Merged fix to 10.8 and committed revision 1160270.
          Hide
          Myrna van Lunteren added a comment -

          attempt to adjust release notes

          Show
          Myrna van Lunteren added a comment - attempt to adjust release notes
          Hide
          Myrna van Lunteren added a comment -

          more tweaking for release notes

          Show
          Myrna van Lunteren added a comment - more tweaking for release notes

            People

            • Assignee:
              Knut Anders Hatlen
              Reporter:
              Knut Anders Hatlen
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Development