DERBY-5121 found a corruption problem caused by triggers in DERBY release 10.7.1.1 A fix for this has been provided in trunk(10.8) and the 10.7 codeline. 10.7.1.1 database upgrade to any one of these 2 codelines will fix the triggers causing the corruption. I was able to write upgrade tests for 10.8 codeline but not for 10.7 codeline. The reason for this can be found in the comment insdie org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.upgradeTests.UpgradeRun:baseSuite
- Changes are only added if the old version is older than
- then version the changes represent. Thus Changes10_2
- is not added if the old database (upgrade from) is already
- at 10.2, since Changes10_2 is intended to test upgrade
- from an older version to 10.2.
The last line in the comment "since Changes10_2 is intended to test upgrade from an older version to 10.2." is not really true specifically for
DERBY-5121. We want to test upgrade from 10.7.1.1 to next point release/codeline of 10.7.
Providing this framework should not be too hard. I just wanted to create this jira so we can keep track of the issue.
More information on this issue can be found at http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/201103.mbox/%3CAANLkTinYKkO0nef+8gM4oJmRE0jnzC-qbXy3ZN4_e3oG@mail.gmail.com%3E