Satheesh, thank you for pointing out the disabling code in the inSelectClause() production. I will fix this and add appropriate test cases.
Kathey, thank you for going through the network code so carefully. Some responses follow:
0) I understand your misgivings. I do however see some value in rolling some ongoing cleanup into patches. I tried to steer a middle course here: I moved the datatype ids to a common file but I deferred the rototill of Typdef.java to a later submission. I hope this is ok. Please let me know if you think this is a showstopper.
1) I certainly hope that the Open Group will finalize the new datatypes in the 10.2 timeframe. It's a slow process. I don't see a conflict with Army's work on XML but Army and I can work together on this.
You are right, that if we include the DRDA types, we should include corresponding DB2 types. I will add these as more placeholders.
2) Yes, the BOOLEANS are coming from the client as SMALLINT. I agree that it would be better to send these as booleans. I will make that change. I will also make the other changes you suggest here.
3) I can add the CrossConverter code you suggest. But I can't answer your question: Obviously the tests I have written don't stress this code. Can you help me understand what test cases will stress this code?
4) Thanks for catching this. I will add BOOLEAN to getTypeInfo().
5i) I ran the compatibility suite in the following combinations:
o I allowed the server to range over the following options: 10.0.2.1, 10.1.1.0, 10.1.2.0, and mainline.
o Each server was run on the following vms: 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5
o For each combination of server and server vm, I allowed the client to range over the following options: DB2JCC, 10.1.1.0, 10.1.2.0, and mainline.
o For each combination of server, server vm, and client, I ran the client on the following vms: 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5.
In addition, I ran the mainline in an embedded configuration on the following vms: 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5.
5ii) Thanks for suggesting this. I will add some boolean cases to an existing ij test to verify formatting. I have already tested with older clients and verified that BOOLEAN goes to old clients as SMALLINT.
6) Thanks for this suggestion too. I will add boolean cases to jdbcapi/parameterMapping.
7) I welcome your creative suggestions here. The best idea I have been able to come up with is the running of the compatibility suite as part of some nightly or weekly verification.