Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Eclipse Plug-in
Environment:Eclipse Ganymede (3.4) - Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers
Build id: I20080617-2000
Windows XP Professional
Dell OPTIPLEX 755
Bug behavior facts:Wrong query result
1. Install Derby plugin to Eclipse
2. Connect to Derby database
3. Create a SQL file
4. Execute "show schemas;" statement — Execution failed and syntax error message "Encountered "show" at line 1, column 1." showed in status panel.
5. Execute "describe task;" statement — Execution failed and syntax error message "Encountered "describe" at line 1, column 1." showed in status panel. Note: task is the table name.
1. It seems that show and describe commands can not be recognize by the SQL Engine of Eclipse Derby plugin.
2. commands create, drop, select, update, delete, insert work well