Derby
  1. Derby
  2. DERBY-4194

10.5 RC1 and RC2 ui plugin doesn't work properly

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 10.5.1.1
    • Fix Version/s: 10.5.1.1
    • Component/s: Eclipse Plug-in
    • Labels:
      None
    • Urgency:
      Urgent

      Description

      I tried to test out the plugins I made for the 10.5.RC2 release and found that I get an error when I try to add the Derby Nature to a project:
      "The chosen operation is not currently available".

      I verified that I get the same thing with the 10.5 RC1 plugin.

        Issue Links

        There are no Sub-Tasks for this issue.

          Activity

          Hide
          Myrna van Lunteren added a comment -

          I could definitely add the nature when I was pre-testing the plugin as an eclipse project before making the ui/doc plugin, and tested sysinfo and ij successfully (so the core plugin is ok).
          Most likely something went wrong in the export step of creating the ui/doc plugin.

          I don't think this should hold up the release - the ui and doc plugin have their own version scheme and do not actually tie into a specific version of the rest of the derby code.
          (The core plugin is part of the full release, it includes derby.jar, derbytools.jar, derbynet.jar, derbyclient.jar. That part is working correctly).

          I'll try to make a working ui/zip plugin today.

          Show
          Myrna van Lunteren added a comment - I could definitely add the nature when I was pre-testing the plugin as an eclipse project before making the ui/doc plugin, and tested sysinfo and ij successfully (so the core plugin is ok). Most likely something went wrong in the export step of creating the ui/doc plugin. I don't think this should hold up the release - the ui and doc plugin have their own version scheme and do not actually tie into a specific version of the rest of the derby code. (The core plugin is part of the full release, it includes derby.jar, derbytools.jar, derbynet.jar, derbyclient.jar. That part is working correctly). I'll try to make a working ui/zip plugin today.
          Hide
          Myrna van Lunteren added a comment -

          I rolled out a new derby_ui_doc_plugin_1.1.2.zip plus asc and md5 files for the 10.5.1.1 (RC2) release.

          I think where I went off the instructions in .../plugins/eclipse/Readme.txt is that I imported into the Plugin Development and then did odd things, rather than do an ordinary project import.
          Although I thought that would end me up in the same area, apparently not.
          When I kept closer to the instructions things went ok.
          I tested the new zip file and it's ok now.

          Show
          Myrna van Lunteren added a comment - I rolled out a new derby_ui_doc_plugin_1.1.2.zip plus asc and md5 files for the 10.5.1.1 (RC2) release. I think where I went off the instructions in .../plugins/eclipse/Readme.txt is that I imported into the Plugin Development and then did odd things, rather than do an ordinary project import. Although I thought that would end me up in the same area, apparently not. When I kept closer to the instructions things went ok. I tested the new zip file and it's ok now.

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              Myrna van Lunteren
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Development