An application using the client driver will hang "infinite" if the
server machine running the Derby server crashes during execution of a
query even if it has specified a query timeout using
This problem can be reproduced (at least on Solaris 10) by:
1. starting a Derby server on one machine and a Derby client on the second machine.
2. In a Java program, create a connection and a statement and set the
query timeout for the statement to a few seconds by:
3. Execute a query that take some time (more than 10 seconds).
4. During execute of the query, take the power on the machine running
the Derby server.
5. Your program will hang "infinite".
I will post a short repro program that can be used.