- This issue is clone of another issue, but is cloned for highlighting the specific issue around the actual default value
- Dumped out a database from MSSQL using ddlutils ant task
- Using these files, attempting creating the equivalent database on MySQL 5.0
- Getting few errors as below:
CREATE TABLE `whatever`
`col1` INTEGER NOT NULL,
`col2` INTEGER NOT NULL,
`col3` CHAR(1) DEFAULT '(''some string'')' NULL
) failed with You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax ...
- I changed the col3 line to as follows and then the ddltodatabase works fine
`col3` CHAR(1) DEFAULT 'some string' NULL
- I am not too sure why this specific default value is xml encoded in the first place, but in any case, if one indeed had such literal data,
there should be a way to configure the ddlutils to deal with it (possibly appropriately escape/encode)
- I could not find info if there were any user configurable settings that can overcome this problem.