1) create a simple implementation of the Daemon interface that writes "hello world" log files
2) compile jsvc as described in the documentation
3) verify that your linux user has umask != 077, by typing "umask"
4) start jsvc with all the required CP args as described in the documentation
5) look the log file permissions
Expected: The permissions are not 700.
Actual: They are 700.
6) Modify commons-daemon/src/native/unix/native/jsvc-unix.c, replacing 077 with 022
7) recompile jsvc
8) repeat 4-5
Expected: The permissions are 755.
Actual: The permissions are 755.
Conclusion: The jsvc process uses a hard-coded value, instead of adopting the running user's umask, as expected.