Type: New Feature
Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
This is a complete rewrite of Futon as a single page app using sammy.js.
I've been working on it for some time at
- Everything expect for session.html is loaded dynamically as a content replace to index.html.
- Load times for all pages is dramatically reduced
- URL structure of futon now mimics the CouchDB REST API except at #/
- An intended side-effect of the new URL structure is that the button to pull up the current page as a request to CouchDB works everywhere
- Unified error handling (Any network or HTTP error is now displayed as error bubbled at the top of the page content)
- All "paging" is now done inline making the loads faster and more usable
- Many dialogs have been removed in favor of simpler UI elements (as a side effect it's more mobile friendly).
- All dbinfo is in database page as well as the "total size" calculated from the db size and the size of all the views.
- db page includes support for start/end queries against _all_docs
- Stats page now includes all info from _stats
- added _changes page
- Cleaned up loading of test files (faster and parallelized now). The test are now automatically sorted alpha regardless of the order in the array definition.
- New Document viewer/editor
- In-line "auto-save"
- Full revision information and restoration
- New UI shows all arrays and objects as initially collapsed to improve handling of large docs.
- Load time, even with incredibly large objects, is almost instance (a combination of not using a table and only creating elements in the expanded view after you click to expand them)
- New Views Page
- Emphasis is now on building queries with building view functions a secondary function.
- All view options exposed, options now allowed are disabled.
- All queries can be built in this view and then
- Creating new views, and editing views, is now a process of editing and saving design documents, all usage of temp views has been removed.
- include_docs expand/collapse when in query