Details

    • Type: Improvement Improvement
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Trivial Trivial
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 3.0.0-alpha-2
    • Fix Version/s: 3.0.0-alpha-2
    • Component/s: cocoon-pipeline
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      According to older cocoon's taxonomy, packages - particularly the xml package - could be re-organized, discerning the roles of cocoon's components:

      - generators
      - serializers
      - transformer

      This is a nice way to maintain well-organized the code.

      What do you think about it?

        Activity

        Hide
        Simone Tripodi added a comment -
        This issue priority is very low...
        Show
        Simone Tripodi added a comment - This issue priority is very low...
        Hide
        Simone Tripodi added a comment -
        The attached patch demonstrates how components could be organized
        Show
        Simone Tripodi added a comment - The attached patch demonstrates how components could be organized
        Hide
        Steven Dolg added a comment -
        That is something we should do - rater sooner than later.
        Distinguishing between the roles components can have seems to be a good idea.

        What I thought about was moving all XML components from the pipeline into their own module.
        Actually that's an idea someone else (I believe it was Carsten) had quite some time ago - I just didn't thought it was necessary.
        However the pipeline module has grown quite large since that.

        On top of that a package reorganisation as proposed here should be done.
        Show
        Steven Dolg added a comment - That is something we should do - rater sooner than later. Distinguishing between the roles components can have seems to be a good idea. What I thought about was moving all XML components from the pipeline into their own module. Actually that's an idea someone else (I believe it was Carsten) had quite some time ago - I just didn't thought it was necessary. However the pipeline module has grown quite large since that. On top of that a package reorganisation as proposed here should be done.
        Hide
        Simone Tripodi added a comment -
        I agree with you, Steven!

        Even if it's not necessary, it could be useful (and nice in therms of design) separating the pure pipeline APIs from XML specific APIs, one scope could be reusing the basic APIs to implement other different - and XML independent - kinds of pipelines, like text processors, filters, and so on.

        In that way, the pipeline package is a light and self-contained package, without any dependency - at least the Logger, like now.

        The XML module could be merged with the optional module, that contains XML only related classes + dependencies.
        Show
        Simone Tripodi added a comment - I agree with you, Steven! Even if it's not necessary, it could be useful (and nice in therms of design) separating the pure pipeline APIs from XML specific APIs, one scope could be reusing the basic APIs to implement other different - and XML independent - kinds of pipelines, like text processors, filters, and so on. In that way, the pipeline package is a light and self-contained package, without any dependency - at least the Logger, like now. The XML module could be merged with the optional module, that contains XML only related classes + dependencies.
        Hide
        Reinhard Poetz added a comment -
        All SAX specific classes were moved into a separate module. While doing this the package structure was also restructured.
        Show
        Reinhard Poetz added a comment - All SAX specific classes were moved into a separate module. While doing this the package structure was also restructured.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            Simone Tripodi
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development