Issues seen when trying to move a zone from 1 region to another.
1. Configured management server with 2 zones.
Registered few templates and deployed few Vms in both the zones.
2. Disable all the zones in region 1
3. Dump region 1 DB ( mysqldump -u cloud -p -h <region1_db_host> cloud > region1.sql)
4. Stop management server.
4. Install another management server for region 2.
5. Set the region_id while installing the DB (
cloud-setup-databases cloud:<dbpassword>@localhost --deploy-as=root:<password> -e <encryption_type> -m <management_server_key> -k <database_key> -r <region_id>)
6. Stop management server.
7. Copy region 1 DB to to this region ( mysql -u cloud -p -h <region2_db_host> cloud < region1.sql )
8. Start all management servers. At this point all the zones are disabled
9. Enable zone1 in region1.
10. Enable zone2 in region2.
Issues Found after following the above steps:
1. UI for region1 and region2 shows details relating to all the Zones ( including the disabled zones). This is very confusing to see VMs/Templates from both the regions being listed in the region that does not service the region anymore.
2. Console Proxy view does not work for the newly deployed Vms in region2.
3. Not able to register a new template in region2.
4. Region_Id gets over-ridden when the the DB dump from region1 is copied over to region2.
In case of KVM hosts , What is the suggested solution for these hosts to migrate to another zone ? The cloud agent running in these hosts will still be trying to contact management server from region1.