Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Security Level: Public (Anyone can view this level - this is the default.)
Snapshots are not deleted resulting unexpected storage consumption in case of VMware.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- In VMware setup, create a snapshot of volume say Snap1.
- After successful creation of snapshot Snap1, create new snapshot of same volume say Snap2.snapshots
- While Snap2 is in BackingUp state, delete Snap1.
- Snap1 will disappear from Web UI, but when we check secondary storage, files associated with Snap1 still persists even after cleanup job is performed.
- In snapshot_store_ref table in DB, Snap1 will be in ready state instead of Destroyed.
- Also, in snapshots table, status of Snap1 will be Destroyed but removed column will be null and will never change to the date of snapshot removal.