Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
This issue was raised by Jake Robwood on S:
I think a Fieldset Control is absolutely necessary and
should have a higher priority than mentioned in the forum.
One can't really make a bigger form without it
fieldsets (look at any form in Internet that has more
than a few fields).
The Fieldset is a HTML specific tag and should exist as
CLICK control, since it's required by any well formed form.
CSS styling is also impossible in a right way without
it (I mean table less forms - only CSS based)
- Basically it should be a 'container' control since it
can hold elements.
- the fielset should have common/bulk methods(e.g. read
only, hide, disable) for the elements, to mainpulate al
- It should work with the autolayout(this is very
- errors should be fieldset aware (if one selects it so)
The solution proposed by Malcolm on the forum is not
- autolayout is one of the most appealing features of
CLICK.In that case one is giving it up.
- writing own layouts for the most users is not simple,
thus giving away the first reason most users choose
CLICK - simplicity.
- controls that are layouted in a form(by
still not behave as a group, since CLICK 'error
feedback', have no knowledge about the fieldset
group-ing, so one needs to write extra code to control
them as a group -> giving simplicity away.
Really don't know how to implement it since I don't
know how CLICK is made, but if you want to see some
examples on how a form should behave or just ideas, see
- http://jeffhowden.com/code/css/forms/ - (if you click
submit, you'll see how the error feedback is made -
- http://www.formassembly.com/ - I think this needs no
comments . Just use the FormBuilder, and you'll see
that the fieldsets make life very easy.
library (much better than fValidate). Maybe it could be
used in CLICK too (to release the users from embedding
-(try the link Step V - simply sweet)
- http://www.themaninblue.com/experiment/InForm/ - not
so eye candy but with some layout ideas (see the layout
ways on top of the form)
- see all the 3 parts.
I hope the above references will help,
|Project Import||Fri Mar 20 14:11:32 PDT 2009 [ 1237583492744 ]|
|Status||Resolved [ 5 ]||Closed [ 6 ]|
|Resolution||Fixed [ 1 ]|
|Status||In Progress [ 3 ]||Resolved [ 5 ]|
|Field||Original Value||New Value|
|Status||Open [ 1 ]||In Progress [ 3 ]|