Here's an app /w source that can reproduce the problem consistently. I've made some tweaks to exacerbate the scenario in which it occurs. I'm fairly certain that happens when online changes back and forth too fast.
The bug happens with & without the debugger attached.
How to use the test app:
- The bug is happening consistently for me on start-up and causes the page to not load correctly. If you get an alert saying that it didn't start-up, click the "Refresh Page" button at the top.
- The bug doesn't appear on the second time (at least for me) (no alerts)
- Click the "Benchmark exec" button and wait for it to report the bridge speed.
- Notice that it seems to work fine
- Now check the "Use two echos at once" box and run the test again a few times
- Notice that you get an alert saying that no echo was received after a certain number of calls.
The bug will not happen with the pre-KitKat WebView.
mobilespec.zip & framework.zip have the sources.
|Status||Open [ 1 ]||Resolved [ 5 ]|
|Fix Version/s||2.9.1 [ 12325307 ]|
|Fix Version/s||3.1.0 [ 12324591 ]|
|Resolution||Fixed [ 1 ]|